Labels

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Simple Pleasures

It’s another snow day here in Chicago 
and I’ve decided to practice my crocheting.   
 
After years of trying to teach myself 
via books, UTube and quick visits with my sister 
I decided it was time to sign up for a real class 
at The Idea Studio in LaGrange.
 Last week was the first of 4 classes.  
 Tomorrow I get to learn how to do 
a granny square or a flower
…very exciting.   

I’ve had very modest goals in the crochet arena…
washclothes, granny squares and flowers.    
May-be a scarf.   
Can’t imagine what classes 3 and 4 will bring.

 

Here is a washcloth I finished a day or two after my first class, to make sure I didn’t forget what I learned. One of these wash clothes will migrate to my mother soon. 



Hope you are enjoying 
your weekend!



PS...on further reflection...
I do want to learn how to make lace for napkins (and such) 
and to crochet with beads.  
I've a had a book called the beaded edge 
for ages and look forward to actually using it 
for more that just a picture book someday!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Very nice stitching on your wash cloth and good luck with your lessons, I crochet and 2 years ago I wanted to learn to knit, and like you books and videos did not help, the class was just what I needed.

PrairieGarden-Liane said...

Hi Deb,

Funny, I was the opposite, I learned to knit quite a few years ago. Perhaps once you have one style of fiber arts ingrained we need extra guidance to learn an alternative way to work.

Facebook Share