Labels

Monday, October 8, 2012

DIY Crewel Embroidery Kits




I’ve been a bit MIA working on a new line for the store. 

  
I’ve loved crewel embroidery 
and it took a great deal of effort 
to get my first piece completed.   

Not because it’s difficult to embroider 
but because there were no concise ways to learn it.   
You have to find a pattern you like, 
find fabric that is the right weight and weave, 
figure what fiber you need and then buy books to learn the stitches.  
Not easy, not fast 
I'm not exaggerating to say my first project took 2 years...
really...it did.
But I did it and found I love it. 

Well, I want to make it easy for others 
and something you can complete in a weekend. 
I have put together kits 
with patterns printed directly on the fabric
included the fiber and 
color photo directions 
on how to complete the stitches for each pattern. 
   
There are hundreds of stitches so we’ll never get bored.   
The kits are also geared towards 
completing your piece into a useful object.   
While I love framed pieces of embroidery, 
I am one of those people who like to use what I make, 
not simply admire it. 
But admire your work you will. 

Fall is a great time to start learning a new project 
for the indoors and I hope you have fun on this journey with me.  
 I cannot express how much I love creating these pieces 
and I have so many ideas 
I can’t wait to share them all. 

Happy Fall!

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget