Labels

Monday, January 16, 2012

Meyer Lemon Upside Down Cake

My cousin in Los Angeles is so lucky.
He has a meyer lemon tree and an avocado tree. 
Apparently it’s harvest time in Southern California
because he sent a few samples to my mother. 
It’s amazing to imagine harvesting in January
when I look out my window to the snowy scene.
Mom was kind enough to share some with me
and we made a Meyer Lemon Almond Cake. 
It was good.  I did think it tasted even better
with a jar of the strawberry lavender jam I canned last summer.
Yum.

2 comments:

Cindy Lane said...

Looks delicious!!

Amazing and HOT to be harvesting in summer! Our lemon tree (Eureka) is groaning under the weight of the fruit, and our fig and mulberry are still bearing. Everything is getting scorched by hte 107.6 F (42C) temps, so I am running around the garden throwing towels and sheets over the vunerable. I feel like Matron on her rounds at the hospital...

Off to look at more of your blog...

Cheers,

Cindy

PrairieGarden-Liane said...

Cindy!
107.6? Oh my... I hope everything survives and the weather cools soon!

There was an error in this gadget