Labels

Monday, September 26, 2011

Trivia: Edamame

They are actually soybeans, before they are fully ripe.  
As far as nutrients go, edamame and all preparations of soybeans are rich in carbohydrates, protein, dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and micronutrients, particularly folic acid, manganese and vitamin K (table).[3]
For some reason I have never made edamame
I love it, but I’ve never made it. 
Until now that is. It’s so easy.
Place pods in a bowl. 
Add a ¼ cup of water.
Cook in microwave (or steam on stove) for 4-6 minutes.
Drain and sprinkle lightly with salt. 
So good. 
In restaurants I have never noticed the little “hairs” on the pod. 
Fascinating.

2 comments:

laruelapalooza said...

My kids love edamame! They are just so fun to eat.

Kathleen Maunder said...

We've been getting a box of organic veggies for about 16 years. I was avoiding the edamame (not exactly sure why) and then tried them recently. They're great! :)

There was an error in this gadget