Labels

Monday, March 7, 2011

Seed (finally) Starting

I’m always trying some new methods of growing seeds.

Keep hearing how easy it is to grow seeds (perennial seeds only)
in plastic bottles outside.
I’ll let you know how it goes.
Recording the results in my garden journal
my memory is not worth testing :-)

I’m trying out Feverfew, Chamomile, Clary Sage,
Italian Aromatic Sage and
a Canadian Columbine I traded for
at the Lurie Garden Seed Exchange a few weeks ago.

Hmm, maybe I should have removed the labels…?

PS. I was not a fan of the egg carton method and will not be trying it again.
Apparently you have to keep them quite moist and transplant early…
My little seedlings stretched and tore from the paper cartons (ouch!) and
last years crop was disappointing.
Perhaps that’s why I find myself procrastinating this year….

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget