Labels

Saturday, January 1, 2011

happy new year!

2011 journal, Grandma's hot cocoa (with chuncks of chocolate floating on top)
and a beaded pen from....santa claus

This morning I began my 2011 journal.

January 1st continues to be the traditional day to set goals and resolutions.
It is also, for me, a day to put away the old year to help me start fresh for the new.
As I was sorting through papers for recycling
I ran across an Evolving Your Spirit Issue Forty Three / November 2010
I had picked up at Whole Foods.
I had not read it and as I a flipped through the pages
I found the below Native American story.
It seemed to be a great mantra to kicking off the year.
Image from TheNaturalWorld
One evening
an old Cherokee father was teaching his grandson about life.
He said, “My son, there is a battle going inside of each of us
between two wolves.

One is Evil.
It represents anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret,
greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority,
lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good.
It represents joy, peace, love, hope, serenity,
humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity,
truth, compassion and faith.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute
and then asked his grandfather:
“Which wolf wins?”

The old Cherokee simply replied,
“The one you feed.”

Image from TheNaturalWorld

Wishing you a wonderful New Year!

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget