Labels

Monday, January 17, 2011

Cooking: Cranberry Almond Upside Down Cake

Upside Down Cranberry Almond Cake
from Rustic Fruit Desserts


This cake is so tender.
Perfect for a brunch.
I made it a few weekends ago
when cranberries were still in the stores.
I tried making this yesterday with wild blueberries.
Sounds like a good idea right?
…almonds, blueberries….yum!
Well it is good but it never fully cooked.
Those blueberries release allot more juice than the cranberries!

Was going to bring cake to my neighbors
as a thank you for habitually continuing to shovel down the side walk
from thier home to my home..so kind!
(They know I hate to shovel snow.)
But it doesn't look like my blueberry version will be leaving my home
…ah well…
at least they didn’t know it was coming
and have to suffer any disappointment.

Have you had a cooking mishap recently?

1 comment:

Inside My Shell said...

Oh my that looks YUMMY! My mouth is seriously watering. I should bake more often ...

There was an error in this gadget