Labels

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Winter Decorations

(the gazebo was a gift from my wondeful parents and
the winter tree was something I picked up
at the Popcorn Art Festival in Valpoaiso Indiana a year ago.
I wish I had the artist's information so I could share it with you!)

I am absolutely the type of person who loves the idea of having seasonal accessories.
Pillows, bed & bath linens, accent pieces around the home..you name it …love it.
What I ultimately discovered is I am also the type of person that
is awful about putting them away at the end of the holiday season.
I was the person you would visit in February
and still see garlands and lights above my windows
(hopefully waiting till you got home to roll your eyes!).
Alas, I’ve learned that if I’m going to put out a decorations
they have to be minimal,
be pertinent for more than a few weeks
and be easy to put away.

Above is an example of one of my few winter decorations.
I’ve discovered it brings me the same joy
as a home full of ornaments, pine and bows.

Looking at this picture I have to ask the question...
do you know when the last time I had my coffee table cleared off as it is now?
No?
....neither do I.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget