Labels

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Mayberry USA


There a days I feel as though I live in Mayberry USA, today is one of those days. The 4th of July parade is passing right in front of my little Chicago bungalow this year and it was quite the spectacle. Everyone poured out their homes, family picnics on their front lawn, festively blasting John Mellencamps “Ain’t that America….little pink houses for you and me” and every dog in the 5 block radius was lining the streets.

All week I had been hearing the little girl next door practicing The Star Spangled Banner on her flute, much to my amusement (not so sure about her parents). A few minutes before the parade came down our street she anxiously went up to the curb, her sister holding the sheet music boldly in front her and she played for the crowd resulting in applause from the neighborhood.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget