Labels

Saturday, July 11, 2009

What are your Favorite Things?

One of the sections in my garden journals is a place to put photographs or lists of favorite things. Perhaps it’s a plant combination that worked perfectly. Like the oriental lilies that grew up between the coreopsis just as I had hoped, looking like they are triumphantly emerging from a golden forest. It could the blooms on your tomato or cucumber vine that hold the hope and promise of fruit yet to come. May-be it’s the one perfect bloom you discovered on a lazy Sunday morning. Or it could be the way the used tea bags you incorporated into the soil around your variegated sage turned the white edges a fresh lime green.


There are countless achievements to be made in the garden. Gardens bring joy, tranquility and even back breaking exhaustion that somehow makes you smile at the end of the day. I know I’m a better person because of my garden. I share more with others, admire others achievements and have an unending appreciation of what a miracle the soil is. My Favorite Things section of my journal is tangible evidence of what I adore about gardening. I love looking through those pages and rediscovering memories and hopes of what may occur again.

1 comment:

Diana said...

One of my favorite things is watching the birds flying in and landing on my bubbling fountain. Often there are several and they fight for position and then they take their bath. So sweet.

There was an error in this gadget