Labels

Friday, June 5, 2009

The HARVEST: French Breakfast Radish


Very excited, my first radish! It doesn’t look like the image on the seed envelope. Is that because I waited too long to harvest (likely) or I haven’t left them alone long enough? I only pulled up about five radishes, so I will be able to test the later possibility. The French Breakfast Radish is a spring radish so it’s too late to plant anymore seeds, that is, until the fall with it cools off and the days shorten. However, I did read that I could grow it in the shade a bit longer…perhaps I’ll experiment. I waited too long to start planting so I certainly have enough seeds. What's interesting is the radish can bolt and the pod that emerges is supposed to be great in a salad or stir fry…hmmm…may-be I will plant some seeds as that sounds intriguing. Bon appetite!

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget