Labels

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


Had a wonderful Mother’s Day. My parents came out for the afternoon. They picked many of the seedlings I started for them…Salpiglossis, 3 foot Snapdragons, Zeolights, Larkspur, Stock, French Ribbon Lavender, Green Envy Zinnia, Apricot Blush Zinnia….too many to list. They also picked up their tomatoes including Pink Beauty, Heirloom Marvel Stripe, Heirloom Consoluto and Orange Valencia. It’s exciting and a little sad to say goodbye to all those baby plants I’ve coaxed along all this time.


Also dusted off my cookware which was fun. I made Pad Thai and an Asian Slaw with Sea Scallops and a Cilantro Vinagerette. For dessert, a homemade Ginger Ice Cream and a Chocolate Sauce. Both recipes are from San Francisco Restaurant Cookbook called China Moon. I’d been wanting to make this ice cream for years and finally did. The ice was actually quite wonderful. Very delicately flavored with a ginger infusion. To be honest the ice cream was a little overpowered by the Chocolate Sauce…but my Mother adores chocolate, as do I, so we had it anyway.


One of her gifts was a little bird pin from a wonderful Etsy store called AnnaRubyKing, shipped and packaged beautifully from Australia. Very sweet and my parents have been catering to the birds in their neighborhood for years. Appropriate I thought.


We ended the day with a tour of my garden. We had a great afternoon. I must say, I always have a great time with my parents. Especially as I’ve gotten older, they have actually become my best friends.

3 comments:

Anna+Lila said...

Hi! I'm so happy you like the bird pin! they actually were sent from Greece, not Australia this time, they do love to travel, and I am always jealous of them!

PrairieGarden-Liane said...

I'm jealous of their travel ability as well!

Thank you again. My Mom love them (and the beautiful packaging as well).

Tish said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
There was an error in this gadget