Labels

Thursday, April 23, 2009

RECIPE: Chocolate Cake







You may not thank me for this…If you haven’t seen it yet, there is a recipe circulating in our email boxes for a 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake. I’m not a big fan of cake (I prefer you just hand me the chocolate) but I must say, this is actually pretty good... especially when hot. I should tell you that I used some premium ingredients which always tends to help. I used Penzey’s Cocoa, which is truly one of the best I’ve tried, and for the chocolate chips I shaved some Callebaut Chocolate that has been in my cupboard for…awhile.

Give it a try, but I warn you, you may be sending me hate mail because it’s so quick and easy it will be hard to stop yourself from making it at any hour of the day.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

I mixed and cooked this in a bowl, the mug idea seemed a bit precarious for me. Also it states in the email recipe that it is perfect for one person, perhaps two if you want to be good. Believe me, it’s decadent for two people and could easily serve 3 or 4. Especially warm with vanilla ice cream. Hey, if you’re going to do it, you may as well do it right!

And let’s all call out a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my friends Kathy and Kevin!

2 comments:

KevCondition said...

Thanks Liane! Luv ya! And thanks for the envelope. Its beautiful. You and Gabriela did a great job!

Evelyn Howard said...

Hi Liane
This sounds pretty good - and quick n easy.. will try this when I get all the ingredients together. Thanks for sharing!

Evelyn

There was an error in this gadget