Labels

Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Beautiful Day

It may be raining but I can see clearly now and there is a smile on my face.

My living room window (tiny house, one living room window) is one of the coldest areas of my home during the winter. This year my mother convinced me to put the insulating plastic up. Every year I have resisted doing this because sunlight and windows are extremely important to me, especially during the long winter months. Well, I’m here to tell you, it wasn’t so bad. The plastic is much clearer than I expected and it was significantly warmer as a result. A worthwhile trade off.

With the changes in the weather, the plastic has been rippling and looking...unfortunate. I have been itching to remove it. Well, today I did it. Will there be dips in the temperatures? Absolutely. But I, and my heating bill, will live through it. The plastic was certainly clearer than expected but, after removing the plastic, I am glued to the window watching the robins take baths in the gentle spring rain. It’s a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Tish said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
There was an error in this gadget